While the Android smartphone users get to use various Google default features like Google Maps, Gmail, Google Calendar, and various other apps, the iPhone users generally don’t get to use all these Google features. However, this scenario has been changed in the recent times with Google designing its default Android apps for Apple’s iOS operating System. Google’s calendar app called the Google Calendar is one of the most popular apps that the people love to use and thankfully Google’s Calendar is also available to download and use for the iOS users. If you haven’t done it yet, here’s how to use Google calendar on iPhone.
What is Google Calendar?
Like many other Google apps, the Google Calendar is primarily designed for people who live in the Google’s app ecosystem. It’s a normal calendar app that not only lets you see the dates but also lets you set reminder alarms, save important dates, and has many more features. The app syncs with your Gmail accounts, social media accounts, and even your contacts to find and save important reminders, like birthdays and anniversaries.
How to use Google Calendar on iPhone?
If you’re an iPhone user and want to know how to use Google Calendar on iPhone, follow the steps provided below:
- First, you need to open the Apple App Store and search for Google Calendar in it.
- Once you find the application open it and install it on your iPhone.
- After the application gets installed on your phone you can start using it.
- Open the app and you will see the Google Calendar logo initially.
- After the app gets loaded you would be asked to log in your Gmail ID. You can also login multiple IDs as Google Calendar supports multiple accounts.
- Once you’re done with that you’ll be asked to allow permission to view notification on your device. It’s on you to decide if you want the app to send you notifications regarding the reminders, birthdays, and others.
- You’ll now be able to see the calender with the dates and important reminders in the Google Calendar app.
Here you go, the Google Calendar is all set to be used in your iPhone without any hassles.
Google Calendar widget in iPhone
After the launch of Google Calendar for the iOS devices, Google has also launched a widget for the calendar that lets the iPhone users add the Google Calendar on the home screen. The widget shows the reminders and events that are stored in the Google Calendar for upto two days. This is a great tool to always have a check on the events and reminders that are scheduled for the next two days.
Google is obviously aiming the new Calendar app for the people who use Gmail and are probably obsessed with the Google’s ecosystem. If you use iCloud, Outlook, an Exchange account, or another email solution, there’s very less reason to make the leap.