Kindle for PC: The author of the famous TV drama series “Game of Thrones” George R.R. Martin once said ”A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies”. It is true that you can’t buy happiness, but you can certainly buy books and that is kind of the same thing.
Books are the best friends of human; whenever you get sad or lonely you can seek comfort from books but it is not possible for us to carry books with us all the time. And in this situation, technology comes to rescue us. The kindle is an e-reading gadget; designed and marketed by Amazon.com ; which enable the users to browse, buy, download and read e-books, newspapers, magazines and other digital media via wireless networking. Kindle is the perfect substitute of the books, all you need to do is visit to the Kindle Store, buy the e-book or newspaper or magazine you are looking for and you are all set to get the exact flavor you are searching in a book. But what if you don’t own a kindle but still want to read the e-books available on the Kindle Store. Is there any way to access Kindle for PC? The answer is YES my folks.
Kindle for PC is the app launched by the American e-commerce giant Amazon so that those users who do not possess a Kindle device can also access and read the e-books available on the Kindle Store. This software comes absolutely free of cost and runs perfectly on Windows XP and later computers. The standard edition of the Kindle for PC also allows the users to access the keyboard and a great help for those book lovers who have low vision and face trouble reading books in Kindle or in smartphones. Moreover this app facilitates its users with the text-to-speech features for each e-book downloaded from the Kindle store; even for those which come with text-to-speech option disabled. So, check out below the advantages it offers to its users:
Kindle for PC Features
• The biggest advantage Kindle for PC offers is that users can get the best reading experience from their desktop or laptop, even if they don’t have a Kindle device in their possession.
• The users can download and read the e-books from the Kindle Store even they don’t have a Kindle device.
• Kindle for PC app allows the users to synchronize the last page they read and synchronize between devices with the Whispersync app. For example, suppose a user has a Kindle device or use Kindle on his/her smartphone, this feature allows the user to synchronize their bookmarks, annotations and the last page read, so that they can pick up exactly where they left off when switching between from one device to other devices.
• You can also save the bookmarks to remember important book sections and view the annotations you created on your Kindle.
• This app also comes with the text-to-speech feature which has the ability to read the text aloud, a life saving feature specially for the people who have lower visions.
• Not only that, the software also allows the users to change the font size as per their choice and also can set the numbers of words per line.
• A user can modify the color mode and adjust the brightness to enhance their reading experience on the Kindle for PC app.
• If you use this software you can even place the text on two different columns so that you can scroll down or navigate with the keyboard arrow keys with ease.
• It is also comes with a full screen mode to better the reading experience of the users.
Minimum System Requirement to Download Kindle for PC
So now check out what you need; the minimum system requirements for your PC before you download the Kindle for PC app on your desktop or laptop.
Title: Kindle for PC 1.15.0 Build 43061
File Size: 43.47MB (45,580,176 bytes)
OS Requirements: Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / XP 64-bit / Vista 64-bit / Windows 7 64-bit / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64-bit / Windows 10 / Windows 10 64-bit
Languages: Multiple languages
Last Update: February 26, 2016
How to Download Kindle for PC on Windows 8.1/8/7/XP
Downloading Kindle on PC is very easy and comes with a very simple interface. We have heard the complaints from the Windows users that they can’t use the Amazon product Kindle on PC. However, right here at Droidadda, we have provided an exclusive step by step tutorial to download Kindle on system running on Windows 8.1/8/7/XP.
Here comes the magic link provided directly from the team of Amazon.com using which you will be able to easily use the latest version of Kindle on Windows PC.
The link is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download
After visiting the website just follow these steps to download the Kindle for PC app on Windows desktop or laptop. But keep one thing in mind that you need to have a registered Amazon account through which you will be able to login at the startup page
Step 1: As soon as you clicked on the weblink, the Kindle for PC app will be automatically started downloading on your computer. If the download procedure does not start automatically, try again.
Step 2: Once you have clicked the Download Now button, you will notice the commands just like the below screen shots.
Step 3: At the first step of the installation process you will be instructed to prompt the Run button.
Step 4: After that you will notice the Kindle for PC installation bar. Follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process. Do not worry; the whole process is very easy.
Step 5: When the Kindle for PC app will be downloaded and installed successfully on your Windows PC, use your valid Amazon log in ID to access the app properly.
So friends, see downloading Kindle for PC on Windows OS is as easy as a stroll in the park. The interface of this e-reading is very simple and user-friendly. The app allows the users to browse his/her book library and manage their collections. Using the app is also very easy. If you double-click on any book, it will open for reading. Moreover a user can effortlessly navigate the contents of the app as the table of contents can help you jump to the desired chapter and also you can use the ‘Search’ function to easily find a phrase or a location. If you want to turn the pages, you can use two different methods: you can either use the mouse scroll wheel or the keyboard arrow keys.
How to Download Kindle for PC on Windows 10
Microsoft has modified their intelligent personal assistant Cortana on Windows 10. If you want to download Kindle for PC on Windows 10, then all you have to do is tell/type ”Kindle” on Cortana screen. And the Kindle app will appear on your screen. After that you have to simply sign in with your Amazon account to use Kindle for PC app on Windows 10.
Kindle for PC is messiah for those bookworms who don’t own a Kindle device, but want to read their favorite digital books. The app with its simple and minimalistic user-friendly interface and a collaboration of its customization and synchronization features make it a great tool for reading various e-books. Hopefully you don’t have any doubts about the steps we mentioned above to download Kindle for PC on Windows desktop or laptop. But if you still have any queries about the procedures, you can post your questions on the dedicated comments section. We will reply you as soon as it is possible.