FaceTime Not Working: FaceTime is a miracle app that works like a charm, most of the time. It is an exclusive Apple product that enables you to video chat. With FaceTime, gone are the days of bad quality video calling. The app offers excellent service where video and audio calling are absolutely free. This coupled with the quality of calls that it offers has made the app a big hit worldwide. Despite all these, Apple’s great video phone call app and service isn’t above glitches and errors. Time and again users have often had to face problems like FaceTime not working among many others. Usually, there are a couple of common problems that users face. So we are here to tell you what to do when Apple FaceTime doesn’t work. Here are a couple of fixes:
How to Fix FaceTime not Working iPhone and iPad
Update Your Device
One of the most common reasons behind FaceTime errors is that used don’t or have postponed their updating their device. To recall, back in 2016, there emerged an issue with FaceTime while making calls or receiving calls because of expired device certificate. An Apple update had fixed the issue. Since then allowing update of your device usually seems to take care of the FaceTime issue.
Time and Date
Check the date and time to see if they are set correctly in your device. A lot of time conflicting time and date can cause serious problems on FaceTime. On Mac, click on Date & Time and then check the box next to “Set date and time” automatically and choose the server of the country you are from using the drop-down menu.
Push Setting in Mail
The app uses Push Mail to notify you of an incoming call. For iOS device users, got to Settings > Mail Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data and check if your Push setting is set to “On”.
Phone Number and Blocked List
To check if you have posted a correct phone number, go to Settings > FaceTime on your iOS device. See the Apple ID listed underneath saying “You can be reached by FaceTime at”. In case you don’t then tap on “Add Another Email”.
If you failed to make a video call to someone, then perhaps you have accidentally added the contact to the blocking list. So you want to check that out, go to Settings > FaceTime > Blocked on your iOS device, and see if the contact is listed there. If yes, then tap on Edit, then tap the red Remove icon next to their name and Unblock.
These are more or less the common FaceTime not Working issues we hope you were able to take care of your problem. Now let’s move on the FaceTime errors in Mac.
Check FaceTime for PC Guide as well!!
Fix Facetime not Working Problems for Mac
In order to resolve FaceTime for Mac activation and usage issues, you need to learn the system requirements for FaceTime for Mac and follow some basic troubleshooting steps. Here we go.
As per Apple Support, for Video calling, you Macbook will require the following:
- Verify that the latest software updates for their Mac are done.
- Verify that FaceTime is enabled in FaceTime > Preferences. If the issue persists, or if you see the message “Waiting for Activation”, try toggling FaceTime off and then on.
- Verify that the Date, Time, and Time Zone are set correctly: From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences > Date & Time > Date & Time. Enable “Set Automatically”. Click the Time Zone tab and confirm the closest city is correct.
- Verify that the device is connected to broadband Internet connection. If you encounter issues using a Wi-Fi network, use standard Wi-Fi network troubleshooting to resolve interference and other issues.
- Verify the phone number or email address being used is the correct one activated for FaceTime.
- You can verify that you are using a valid Apple ID at appleid.apple.com. You can also create an Apple ID or reset your password from this website.
Also Read: FaceTime for Android (Possible?)
FaceTime not Working error hacks are really easy. For the most part, the app doesn’t cause any major problem and usually has a pattern of errors. We listed the most common one’s and hope they come handy to you. If you are facing a problem besides these usual one’s then, reach out to us from the comment section below.