Almost all of us love shopping, but the sheer idea of going round and round again in the same street searching for a spot to park will pull us back. Imagine you’re in the middle of traffic without any clue about where to park your car and your kids are yapping around your head about that toy store they want to go. This would easily be one of those situations where you lose your mind. Well, now that Google Maps Parking is introduced, we hope that you enjoy your shopping time!
Google Maps parking will help you check parking difficulty in the area you wish to go. It will also help you find parking spots with the help of parking icons which you can add to your trip. Even though this feature is only available for android users in certain cities of the US, Google has announced its expansion in 25 cities outside the US as well.
Also read Amazon Prime video apps to function in US.
Things you need to know about this functionality
- This feature is available only for android users and you cannot use it on an iPhone or an iPad.
- As of now, this feature will work only in selected cities in the US.
- Google Maps’ new functionality will help you know the parking difficulty in an area.
- Before you start driving to your destination, you can check for an ideal parking spot near to it.
- Once you reach your parking spot, Google Maps will also navigate you to your destination as you walk.
- You can save the spot where you have parked your car so that you don’t forget it.
- Also, you can share your parking spot with your friends and family if you’re all shopping in different parts of the street.
- You can always remove the parking location which you have set, and pick a new one.
- You can add notes to your parking location about which side of the parking place you’ve parked or how much time is left.
- You can add photos to your parking location if the area is confusing and you may need one to identify your car.
- You can turn on notifications to receive notifications about parking spots and parking difficulty level.
How to find parking on Google Maps
- Open Google Maps on your android device as usual and search for your destination.
- Tap on the drive icon (the tiny car icon).
- Tap on “Directions” on the bottom right .
- Click on “Route info” to know the parking spots and difficulty level in that area.
- Click on “Find Parking” and chose an available parking spot.
- Tap “Add parking” to confirm the spot and click on “start” to begin your trip.
Cities where Google Maps Parking works
- Dallas/Fort Worth
- Los Angeles
- Minneapolis/St. Paul
- New York City
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- St. Louis